Submit your proposal
For managers: If you are interested in participating or in presenting your challenge for the collaborative workshop Pitch Your Challenge, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch shortly.
For scholars: Send your extended abstract up to 1000 words, presenting the goal of the research, the methodology, preliminary results, and tentative theoretical and practical contributions.
Send your abstract at email@example.com by January 31st, 201.
At the symposium, we welcome both conceptual and empirical studies, using a wide variety of methods. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- How to design and implement a platform-based digital business model?
- How does the development of platform-based digital business differ from traditional product-based one?
- What is the life-cycle perspective of two-sided digital businesses?
- What are the key peculiarities of the different lifecycle phases (design, start-up, scale up, mature stage, …)?
- How to manage ambidexterity and tensions between the multiple sides?
- What are the challenges and opportunities of creating a multi-sided digital platform?
- What are the challenges and opportunities of managing a multi-sided digital platform?
- How to transform traditional business models in a digital ecosystem and platform-based perspective?
- Which forms of leadership are needed to manage these complex ecosystems of relationships?
- Which organizational forms are suitable to manage such businesses?
- What are the motivational drivers of either side for joining the platform?
- How those motivational drivers differ between the two sides?
- How do customers perceive the complementary (or contradictory?) value propositions proposed by the platform for each side?
- How can we assess the value appropriation by users and customers, in regards to the value proposition?
- How to collaborate across organizations with similar or different business models?
- How those multi-sided digital platforms enhance the foundations of business ecosystems literature?
- What is the role of coopetition dynamics in such digital environments?
- What is the role of multi-sided platforms in the emergence of business ecosystems?
- What is the role of User Generated Big Data in such environment?
- How the mobile and App economy revise our understanding of multi-sided business models?
- What may be the impact of emerging technologies (e.g., blockchain, deep-learning and IA) on these digital business configurations?
Submitted papers may be considered for an invitation to submission on the Journal of Business Ecosystems (here).