Registration is open here.
Submit your proposal
For managers: If you are interested in participating or in presenting your challenge for the collaborative workshop Pitch Your Challenge, send an email to email@example.com and we will get in touch shortly.
For scholars: Send your extended abstract up to 1000 words, presenting the goal of the research, the methodology, preliminary results, and tentative theoretical and practical contributions.
Call for paper on easychair is here.
Submissions is now closed.
At the symposium, we welcome both conceptual and empirical studies, using a wide variety of methods. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- How to design and implement a platform-based digital business model?
- How does the development of platform-based digital business differ from traditional product-based one?
- What is the life-cycle perspective of two-sided digital businesses?
- What are the key peculiarities of the different lifecycle phases (design, start-up, scale up, mature stage, …)?
- How to manage ambidexterity and tensions between the multiple sides?
- What are the challenges and opportunities of creating a multi-sided digital platform?
- What are the challenges and opportunities of managing a multi-sided digital platform?
- How to transform traditional business models in a digital ecosystem and platform-based perspective?
- Which forms of leadership are needed to manage these complex ecosystems of relationships?
- Which organizational forms are suitable to manage such businesses?
- What are the motivational drivers of either side for joining the platform?
- How those motivational drivers differ between the two sides?
- How do customers perceive the complementary (or contradictory?) value propositions proposed by the platform for each side?
- How can we assess the value appropriation by users and customers, in regards to the value proposition?
- How to collaborate across organizations with similar or different business models?
- How those multi-sided digital platforms enhance the foundations of business ecosystems literature?
- What is the role of coopetition dynamics in such digital environments?
- What is the role of multi-sided platforms in the emergence of business ecosystems?
- What is the role of User Generated Big Data in such environment?
- How the mobile and App economy revise our understanding of multi-sided business models?
- What may be the impact of emerging technologies (e.g., blockchain, deep-learning and IA) on these digital business configurations?
Submitted papers may be considered for an invitation to submission on the Journal of Business Ecosystems (here).